Green card through family

Tenberg Law Offices, LLC is your legal adviser in matters of family-based immigration and obtaining a green card through family reunification.

Family-based Green card

Family-based immigration or obtaining a green card through family reunification is a process of obtaining permanent residence in the USA when US citizens or lawful permanent residents sponsor their non-resident relatives for permanent residence or green card.

If you are an immediate rellative of a U.S. citizen, you can become a lawful permanent resident (get a Green Card) based on your family relationship if you meet certain eligibility requirements. You are an immediate relative if you are:

  • The spouse of a U.S. citizen;
  • The unmarried child under 21 years of age of a U.S. citizen; or 
  • The parent of a U.S. citizen (if the U.S. citizen is 21 years of age or older).

If you are a family member of a U.S. citizen, meaning you are the:

  • Unmarried son or daughter of a U.S. citizen and you are 21 years old or older
  • Married son or daughter of a U.S. citizen
  • Brother or sister of a U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years old 

If you are a family member of a lawful permanent resident, meaning you are the:

  • Spouse of a lawful permanent resident
  • Unmarried child under the age of 21 of a lawful permanent resident
  • Unmarried son or daughter of a lawful permanent resident 21 years old or older

If you are a fiance of a U.S. citizen:

  • Person admitted to the U.S. as a fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen (K-1 nonimmigrant)
  • Person admitted to the U.S. as the child of a fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen (K-2 nonimmigrant)

If you are a widow or widower of a U.S. citizen and you were married to your U.S. citizen spouse at the time your spouse died.

Green card through marriage

Tenberg Law Offices, LLC provides assistance with the process of getting permanent residence or green card in cases of marriage to a US citizen or a permanent legal resident. Whether you are a US citizen or a green card holder, you are eligible to petition for your foreign-born spouse to live permanently in the United States. Engaging a professional legal help in filing for a fiance petition petition and/or permanent residence for your loved one, is detrimental to the successful resolution of your case in obtaining the green card in the timely manner.

Green card for battered spouse, children, parents

Victims of domestic violence abused by a US citizen may petition for a green card under the category for battered spouse, children, parents and seek protection in the United States. Larisa Tenber, Esq. has years of experience of helping  spouses, children, or parents of abusers obtain permanent residence, independence, and safety in the United States. This process is complex and the advice and assistance of a legal professional is very imporant for the successful resolution of the case.   Larisa Tenberg, Esq. is your personal immigration lawyer in legal matters of obtaining a green card for battered spouse, children, and/or parents. Tenberg Law Offices, LLC is available 24/7 to respond to your urgent questions concerning your specific case.

Types of Green Cards

Contact Us Today

Tenberg Law Offices assist in matters of family-based and employment-based immigration, investment immigration, asylum and protection from deportation. We are available to answer your questions 24/7 in English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish or Portuguese.